Thursday, May 13, 2010

crop weekend!

i am so looking forward to this weekend's crop. i have missed my scrapbooking buddies for a long while. or maybe is seems so long ago because winter will not go away!!!!! this weekend promises to be a beautiful one though, and i know, i am going to be indoors. but, i will be by a big picture window--with a view of a side street, a credit union and an athletic club. all complaining ceases now!

ok----i am giving myself some advice: don't read your own posts. golly me, they are depressing. i am not a doom and gloom person. i have a great outlook on life, live on the positive side of it all as much as possible and above all do not wish to be a complainer. so, that being said;

i love scrapbooking and some card making. i signed up for unity stamp company's kit of the month. they are a refreshing new company (2 years old now) with original and exciting stamps. they are deeply etched red rubber, cushion layer, and then a cling backing. red rubber has always been my favorite stamp of choice and with the introduction of cling backed red rubber stamps (maybe a decade or so ago) i can have my favorites and save on space as well. so i am anxiously awaiting May's kit to arrive, but i have february through april's kits to take with me to my crop.

another company i really adore is called scarlet lime scrapbooking kit club. their kits are not your ordinary boring, they are always bright and cheery. i love the variety of papers, ribbons, buttons, even fabric pieces to incorporate onto your layouts, and each month a new clear stamp for noting the date on your page is also included.

i am not a designer or otherwise for either above mentioned companies. i just wanted to share what i enjoy.

wow, my youngest turned 18 on april 23rd! yikes!!! my sons' are 36 and 25. i still don't feel or think i look like i do (when i see myself in a mirror for example), but reality is not forgiving. i am looking my 59 years and feeling all the aches and pains that go with RA, OA, FMS and thyroid problems. ick, so many abbreviations above. hahahahahahaha, i still love life to the fullest and find that the joy of the Lord is my strength!

i have told myself that i will learn how to post pictures of my hobbies, but haven't yet. so, after this weekend, i hope to learn and post pictures of my scrapbooking weekend. Aloha for now from Bend.


No comments: